Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Is Point Shaving Alive and Well In The NCAA

As I sat down to watch the National Championship game last night between the Auburn Tigers and the Oregon Ducks, I felt very confident that the strength, power, and speed of the SEC caliber player would prevail once again. I guess I was mostly right, but I was left with one major thought after the game had ended. Was Cam Newton really giving it his all in that game?

Maybe he was playing hurt, maybe he was in awe of the big scene. I find the latter hard to believe since he has been in the spotlight in a major way for most of the college football season. What was evident is that last night's game was without a doubt one of his worst performances of the year. I dare say that can be attributed to the defense he was facing. He was simply making errant throws all over the place, diving when he could have gotten plenty more yards, and playing sometimes at half his normal speed. Even when he fumbled in the fourth quarter he looked nothing like the dominating rusher he has been all year while carrying that ball.

I am convinced that something fishy may have been going on. Call me a conspiracy theorist. Call me whatever you want, I think sCam Newton was shaving points last night!

8 comments:

  1. S FL Chapter of the Bulldog NationJanuary 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM

    I don't know Andy...when he fumbled that ball he was still banged up from that big hit he took on the drive before. That's just my opinion though...those kids were all jacked up in the first half. They both turned the ball over several times due to nerves and being too pumped up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herby and Mush never mentioned it but I thought Cam played like he was out of shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Auburn was not prepared and expected an easy SEC win. Sounds like another team I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the people that read dumb blogs all the time like me. I think you're right about Newton being out of shape. Good point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truf of da matta iz I jus' want to get the hell on down the ri-z-oad to da NFL and get PA-YAID!. Eva since I came out my momma's womb, I been tryin' get sumwhe in life ...turn a bad thing into a good thing brotha'.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rumor Mill, Daddy Newton flew into the game from Vegas putting down $180,000 bet. I wonder what he did with the other $500,000?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really care a lot! it is worth dying for! Amanda Vanderpool

    ReplyDelete

 

UGABlog.com is not affiliated in any way with the University of Georgia.