Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Maybe Grantham Should Talk To The Braves

Yes, this is a Georgia Bulldog blog, and I am going out on a limb here to relate Jason Heyward to UGA. None-the-less I couldn't help but feel intrigued about an article I read comparing him to a stud outside linebacker. Hell, at 6'5" 245lbs, this 20 year old is a complete physical specimen. This article from the AJC (HERE) says it all.

From a Braves fan point of view, I can't wait to see what the future holds for this prospect. I think the shear fact that seasoned veterans are in awe of the kid says a lot for his potential.

“He’s an outside linebacker,” pitcher Derek Lowe said of Heyward, who enters spring training with a good shot at winning the right-field job at age 20. “He’s huge.”

“He’s Jevon Kearse – he’s The Freak,” third baseman Chipper Jones said, comparing baseball’s top-rated prospect to the Tennessee Titans defensive end. “I’m telling you, he’s a bigger version of Freddy McGriff.”


Hey, come play for the Dawgs for a while Jason. It might help you become a better athlete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

UGABlog.com is not affiliated in any way with the University of Georgia.