Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Perfect G Day Game For 2010

I tried to envision what the perfect G Day game would be like yesterday, and I had a change of heart mid way through my fantasy. Most fans want to see touchdowns. I was no different than the typical fan when I started thinking about the things I want to see happen on the field Saturday afternoon.

I was eager to see Aaron Murray light up the scoreboard; throwing for 3 or 4 touchdowns, running for 1 or 2 more. Something like 14-18, 250 yards, with another 50 or so rushing yards to go with it. I had visions of the 3/4 offense (Ealey & King)breaking off a few long runs as well. Then, we all know that AJ Green is going to do his thing! At least 2 touchdowns from that beast.

Then, it hit me! We all know the offense is going to be stellar this year anchored by one hell of an offensive line. Barring some sort of disaster at the QB position, we should always be able to put points on the board. What I REALLY want to see this Saturday in Athens is a defense that flies all over the field like a bunch of wild banshees! I want to see a 14-3 type of game with sacks galore.

Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but I still would like to see that defense dominate at least some portion of the game. There is too much talent on that side of the ball not to put a product out on the field that QB will fear!

Go Dawgs!

2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with you. I would like to see a 10-6 type game with GATA all over the place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if that's the best idea... :-)

    http://dancingintheendzone.blogspot.com/2010/04/ghosts-of-g-days-past-eerie-trend-that.html

    ReplyDelete

 

UGABlog.com is not affiliated in any way with the University of Georgia.