Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kirby Smart To Tennessee?

I heard the news about Kiffin as I was celebrating my fiance's birthday last night at about 10pm. Ofcourse I was shocked like the rest of you, but I immediately began to wonder about the soap opera that is the SEC coaching ranks right now. I asked myself, who will take over at Tennessee?

My initial thoughts were that if I was the AD at Tennessee, I would probably have Bobby Petrino on my short list, but man would I have to think about that one before I offered another coach likely to jump ship. Then, Muschamp came to mind. Not surprisingly, when I googled 'Will Muschamp' early this AM, his name was at the top of everyone's list as to who the Vols are going after.

Finally, it came to me. Duh? I know who the next coach at Tennessee is going to be; none other than Georgia's own Kirby Smart. I'm not trying to be a smarty pants here, but it would throw some more salt onto the wound if Kirby boy landed the gig. OK, I know, I need to move on. That being said, I will try to be nice to Kirby from now on.

I finish with this thought: Man up Nick Saban, and get your boy the job! You don't won't him making any lateral moves, so pull some strings, do what you've got to do, and push for your loyal servant. I would be happy for Kirby, and it would make the situation we went through this weekend a little easier to swallow if Kirby took the reigns at a program like Tennessee.

What's next in the SEC? Is Jerry Glanville really going to be the next UGA defensive coordinator? :)

I love this quote from Behind The Colums blog: "Lane, you might as well be General Sherman burning Atlanta, because I guarantee you that every soul south of the Mason-Dixon line feels this way right now. I hope the NCAA screws you over out West.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

UGABlog.com is not affiliated in any way with the University of Georgia.