Friday, January 15, 2010

Richt Shoulda Coulda Woulda: Grantham

What a day for the Dawgnation! I truly think that we have just been blessed with an excellent defensive coordinator. I was luke warm on Todd Grantham when I first heard the name. Then, I began to do a LOT of research on the fellow, and started to fall in love with his resume, hardnosed style, aggressiveness, and 3-4 scheme he will bring to our talent filled defense next season.

DawgsBUI brings us a quote from Grantham that I love HERE.

When I coached high school football, I grew into a 3-4 hater as a defensive scheme. This was in large part to the fact that the talent level is a whole different level at most high schools. Now that I know a lot about 3-4 defenses, I am excited to see how we do in this system with all of the talent we are loaded with.

Stay tuned for a write up on 3-4 defenses. I love to talk X's and O's, and I actually know what I am talking about (some of you may be laughing) when it comes to that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

UGABlog.com is not affiliated in any way with the University of Georgia.