Getting accused of a “homer” isn’t such a bad thing in my mind. After all, it happens to me all the time when it comes to talking about UGA football. Even so, I know that I take a pretty darned objective look at everything I debate when it comes to sports.
After looking objectively at the final top 25 rankings for the college football season, I argue that my Dawgs should be in that poll. Most of you have probably heard by now that Georgia ends the season unranked for the first time since the Donna days back in 1996.
Here are the main reasons I feel we should have ended the season in the top 25:
• We ended the season with two straight convincing wins. One over #13 ranked GaTech
• There are other 5 loss teams in the final poll
• There are at least 5 teams that I know we would beat in a head-to-head match up
• We have the most awesome mascot in all the land
• Red & Black are the BEST colors
All kidding aside, I’m not so surprised we finish the year unranked. The 14 year run was great, but all good things must come to an end. Now, the Decade of the Dawg begins, and let’s start a run with a few National Championships in the mix!