Monday, March 15, 2010

How Bout Them Gym Dawgs!

I got to visit Athens yesterday and watch the Gym Dawgs take care of business against the N.C. State Wolfpack. It's been almost 10 years since I visited the Steg to watch gymnastics, but these girls still know how to put on one heck of a show. The quote of the day came from my almost 4 year old little girl when I asked her if she could turn flips like those girls: "no way dad" she said, "I would break my face or something"!

Seriously, the things that those girls do just absolutely amazes me, especially on the balance beam! Georgia continued it's domination in Athens posting a 196.800-193.900 win over NC State! Now, hopefully the girls can pull it all together here at the seasons end and bring home and unbelievable 6th straight national championship!

By the way...the Gym Dawgs Are Hawt!

2 comments:

  1. This year's team was not touted as good as past teams, but if hard work and attitude is an indicator, I think they will do great. Your post was especially good to include your daughter and her comment. Years ago I tryed to interest my daughter to play volley ball and try to earn a scholarship. Although she was tall, athletic and had long legs great for spiking altitude, she would have none of it. She is proud to be mother to 3 of my grandchildren.

    Women's athletics at UGA is of especial pride to us all. No matter the sport, they all carry our flag high. We don't usually think of them as overcoming great injury in order to be competitive, but if you ever look at injury charts you can be the proudest for what those women attain in athletic glory. I need only call attention to Courtney Kupets overcoming injury to become Top Female Athlete in the US last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! The Lady Dawgs of our great school don't get near the credit they deserve!

    ReplyDelete

 

UGABlog.com is not affiliated in any way with the University of Georgia.