Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Favorite Spring Topics So Far

I am starting to get a quite a bit anxious about April 10th! I haven't even watched any replays of football since the Superbowl, and it is past time for some football! Today I just want to take a few minutes to look at some of the topics that have really caught my attention during the first third of spring football practice in Athens.

5). The atmosphere that has been set up by the new coaches seems electric. Granted, I haven't been to any practices, but Hale and the likes are keeping me very well informed!

4). Is Jakar Hamilton going to be the real deal? I have been on the Hamilton bandwagon for some time now, and I was surprised to see that he is still working in with the second and third team at practice. This may be just for the shear fact that he is new to the program, but who knows. I even wondered if there had been any consideration of giving him some reps at corner since we are THIN!

3). How much confusion will there be for the guys that have no experience in the 3-4? At the end of the day, the goal is still the same, right? Stop the offense from advancing the ball by being in position and tackling with good form. How quickly can we have our guys in position most of the time? That is what I worry about!

2). We all want to know who the starting QB will be, but along those same lines...will Aaron Murray do as well as Tom Brady wearing that pretty glove?

1). And, the number one thing that has me all in a tizzy this spring in Athens....where in the hell am I going to tailgate next season?

1 comment:

  1. For the first time in years UGA will give the other members of the SEC East something to do the week before they play us. For too many years we are were predictable on both sides of the ball. Now we are still going to give the DC's a week off but the OC's are going to be sweating bullets.

    ReplyDelete

 

UGABlog.com is not affiliated in any way with the University of Georgia.